What are Employment Assistance Programs?
These programs involve companies making prior arrangements with a psychological service to provide short-term support to their staff in the form of counselling. This support is offered for personal or work-related issues. The aim of these programs is to protect the well-being of staff, the company, its workplace environment, and productivity.
What does BlueSky Psychology offer in their Employment Assistance Programs?
BlueSky Psychology can offer your company an individualised program that will support the particular needs of your workplace environment. This program will include the following key elements:
- Quick response time
- Monthly reports
- Highly trained and experienced Psychologists
- Guidance in the implementation of a successful Employment Assistance Program
What types of services are provided to companies and their employees?
- Critical-Incidence Debriefing
- Trauma-Focused Therapy
What might employees need these counselling services for?
- Poor self-worth
- Substance abuse
- Workplace bullying
- Interpersonal conflict amongst staff
- Debriefing after workplace robbery, theft, accident or a highly stressful incident
- Adjustment to changes in work responsibilities (such as promotion, demotion, retrenchment)
What are the benefits for employers?
- Increased retention of valuable staff
- Positive workplace environment
- Less burnout amongst staff
- Increased productivity
- Less turnover of staff and costs in staff training
- Minimising the chance of Post-Traumatic Stress developing after a work related incident
What are the benefits for employees?
- Happier staff
- Positive work environment
- Increased personal work satisfaction
- Increased perception amongst staff that their work values them
What should be considered when organising an Employment Assistance Program?
- The level of support required
- Response time needed
- Breadth of the support required
Talk to us if you would like to enquire about developing an Employment Assistance Program for your workplace. We can come out to your organisation and discuss with you what is involved in setting up this program for you.
BlueSky Psychology, Level 10, 108 King William Street, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000. Phone 08 8212 3944